Our popular Royal walking tour revealing Queen Elizabeth's world
This is probably as close as you'll get to being Queen for a day - and what a day!
Ever wondered where the Queen lives in London, or where she was actually born? Ever wondered where she gets her fine wine and cigars from, or her limousines or lemons? What about her diamonds and her dresses? Where does she find those? Join me on this audio tour as we discover her world. We will pause by her palaces, stop at her shops, gawk at her jewellers and goggle at her grocers.
We will discover where her family hang out, where she likes to take tea and the exact site of her birth. And if the weather is with you, why not picnic in a Royal Park when you've finished the audio tour?
By the end of the tour you'll feel like one of the (Royal) family, don't forget to hand back the crown!
On this audio tour, you'll see and learn about:
- Buckingham Palace - her home, her office
- St James's Street - her favourite shops
- Fortnum & Mason's store - the Queen's chosen grocer
- Burlington Arcade - more diamonds than Liberace's slippers
- Asprey - everything for that regal lifestyle
- Burberry - her coolest clothiers
- Jack Barclay - where a car costs a King's ransome
- The Queen's birth place - a modest memorial
- The Ritz Hotel - rest your Royal feet, take Afternoon Tea here
As with all of our walking tours, you set your own pace and can stop wherever you like. On this tour, there are plenty of places to enjoy some of the best food London has to offer, as well as some great boutiques for picking up gifts, unusual souvenirs, or perhaps something artsy for yourself.
How to go on this walking tour:
Simply upload the London Sights app to your mobile phone, and you can purchase Queen for a Day within the app for £4.99
or learn more about how the London Sights app works.
Listen to samples of this audio tour:
This London walking tour is ideal for:
- Royal Family fans
- Lovers of British tradition
- Followers of fashion
- Big spenders!
- Anyone who wants to see some of London's most photogenic sights, but also explore its cultural heritage
Duration of this audio walk:
Around 90 minutes at a leisurely pace, if you're not planning to go into any of the sites. Allow 2-3 hours if you want to soak it all in & watch the Changing of the Guard etc
Tour starts at:
(Closest Tube: Green Park or St James's Park)
Tour ends at:
The Ritz Hotel
(Closest Tube: Green Park)
Best times to go:
Mornings, to beat the crowds in front of Buckingham Palace. Be there by 11 am. Check local press for details.