World famous landmarks, the Royal family, and fabulous shopping, all in this two hour London walking tour!
This tick-the-box audio tour takes in the sights and the sounds of London's most iconic landmarks. I will guide you though an incredible thousand years of this wonderful city's history, pageantry, parades and pubs in my easy-on-the-ear walking tour.
If you only come to London once in your life then I really think this is the London walk you should do - which is why we've made it free!
On this audio tour, you'll see and learn about:
- Buckingham Palace and the Changing of the Guard
- Trafalgar Square, the absolute centre of London
- Horse Guards, a photo opportunity not to be missed
- Downing Street, the London home of our Prime Minister
- Parliament Square and Big Ben, the heart of the nation
- Westminster Bridge, amazing sights wherever you look
- The London Eye, the newest attraction in town
- Golden Jubilee Bridge, for great views up the river to St Paul's
- Charing Cross, and the famous Strand
- Covent Garden, if you hate shopping you'll hate this place!
- Leicester Square, for great movies, and discount theatre tickets
- Piccadilly Circus, the world famous landmark
As with all of my walking tours, you set your own pace and start whenever you like. On this tour I've included plenty of places to stop and enjoy great food and traditional pubs, There's even a Royal Park to stroll through if you wish, and of course some of the best shopping in town in Covent Garden. Just check the GPS app map for included locations.
How to go on this walking tour:
Simply upload the London Sights app to your mobile phone, and The Best of London audio tour is completely free! I hope you enjoy it. If you do, please try some of our other walks, available as in-app purchases at only £4.99 each!
or learn more about how the London Sights app works.
Listen to samples of this audio tour:
This London walking tour is ideal for:
- Fans of tradition and royalty
- Art lovers - free entrance!
- Shopping addicts
- Culture vultures
- History buffs
- Anyone who wants to see London's most photogenic sights, while discovering its cultural heritage
Duration of this audio walk:
Around 2 hours at a leisurely pace, if you're not planning to go into any of the sites. Allow 1/2 day if you want to soak it all in & go shopping etc.
Tour starts at:
(Closest Tube: Green Park or St James's Park)
Tour ends at:
(Closest Tube: Piccadilly Circus)
Best times to go:
Mornings to catch the Changing of the Guard. Be there by 11.00 for a good view in front of the palace.